The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 6 hours ago