A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
No it did not and neither did liberating blacks from slavery. Those measures ensured that all Americans can freely contribute their skills, intellect and drive to better our nation. The problem has been the Politics of Divisiveness encouraged by the Left, such as encouraging women and minorities accepting "victim" status, telling women there's nothing wrong with sleeping with whomever, then aborting away the consequences or having children then becoming dependent on the government.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago