A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
No it did not and neither did liberating blacks from slavery. Those measures ensured that all Americans can freely contribute their skills, intellect and drive to better our nation. The problem has been the Politics of Divisiveness encouraged by the Left, such as encouraging women and minorities accepting "victim" status, telling women there's nothing wrong with sleeping with whomever, then aborting away the consequences or having children then becoming dependent on the government.
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago