Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
thom112 Wrote: 8 minutes ago (7:44 PM) I heard Ovomit went to a " ma and Pa" book store today. You know a store that will probably have an out of business sign hanging in the door because ma and pa are probably part of "The Evil Rich". ------------------- No doubt it was one that was checked for its suitable political bent. However, this shows just out of touch he is. Friends who live there said the store was closed for hours before his visit so the Secret Service could clear it and closed while he was inside. How much money did the store owner lose while letting him wonder around alone with his kids?
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 19 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago