Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
thom112 Wrote: 8 minutes ago (7:44 PM) I heard Ovomit went to a " ma and Pa" book store today. You know a store that will probably have an out of business sign hanging in the door because ma and pa are probably part of "The Evil Rich". ------------------- No doubt it was one that was checked for its suitable political bent. However, this shows just out of touch he is. Friends who live there said the store was closed for hours before his visit so the Secret Service could clear it and closed while he was inside. How much money did the store owner lose while letting him wonder around alone with his kids?
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 11 minutes ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago