For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been revealed that an unknown patient, medical personnel simply refer to as PMA 1454, was the first successful brain transplant recipient. Unfortunately, the only brain compatible with the individual, was that of a donkey. The patient is recovering physically, though mentally it will remain un-equipped for anything more stressful than staring off in the distance and smelling its own droppings.
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 29 mins ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago