For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
For the Producers in society, that's about half of their normal work week, or less.
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 34 mins ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New York bans gun ownership for 34,500 citizens without due process Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The fear election: The party in power has lost the public’s trust Noah Rothman 3 hours ago