I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Yeah, let's not count the fact that they both had massive war factories turning out tanks, arms and ammunition for the German and Axis armies. Innocent my butt.
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago