I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
MAYBE. But you have to promise to buy me an EXPENSIVE Christmas present before I'll even consider it.
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 13 hours ago