Jonathan put it better: "Well, let's say that single mothers are more vulnerable to economic shocks and are more concerned about the safety net." Much more diplomatic. Single voters were...
That isn't funny, Kepha. I had the very same thought today. How like Jeremiah's time is this stage in America's history. The worst lament: It didn't need to happen. It really DIDN'T NEED to happen.
Discussing the role of single people in the election of 2012 on my weekly podcast with Jay Nordlinger "Need to Know" (available on Ricochet.com or Nationalreview.com), your humble columnist chose the insensitive way to address it. Chatting with Jonathan V. Last of The Weekly Standard about his piece "A Nation of Singles," I popped off that "Single mothers want the state to be their husbands and father to their children."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago