Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Go for it Harry. As long as Republicans hold the House it shouldn't matter much. BUT once the Republicans take over the Senate in 2014, after two more rule of Obama/Reid misrule, they can use your own new rules to stuff you into the closet. Oh you'll be whining about how unfair it is that you have to live with your own creation. Do it Harry, do it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago