Um....with all due respect, it was career military men, General Ham and General Dempsey, as well as General Patreus, who decided it was not a good idea to send in troops to the area. From Fox news: "The basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation." Blaming Obama for these fine men's deaths is an ugly political move, and a disrespect to our military and its leaders.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 6 hours ago