Um....with all due respect, it was career military men, General Ham and General Dempsey, as well as General Patreus, who decided it was not a good idea to send in troops to the area. From Fox news: "The basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation." Blaming Obama for these fine men's deaths is an ugly political move, and a disrespect to our military and its leaders.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- AP reporter to State Dep’t spokesman: Seriously, can you identify a single accomplishment since 2010? Allahpundit 11 hours ago