I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago