Do you think SS would have passed if the taxpayers knew up front that it was just another tax on their earnings? Doubtful. To continue the ruse, the government sends out updated copies of your / employer total contributions yearly, again to maintain the belief that you are saving for the future. SCOTUS should have ruled this was a blatant attempt to fool the citizens and therefore is unconstitutional. As far as future generations are concerned, the government has already spent our children's and grand children's futures. SS and Medicare just add to it...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 6 hours ago