We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
All we need to do is keep reminding the low-information voters that they TOO are vulnerable to the foibles and whims of the empty suit in the White House who has his staff of servants and his $100K a year dog handler and his golf games and the fancy planes and can take wifey-pooh on date nights anytime and anywhere he wants--and he's not going to give up those perks without a fight. THAT WHOLE BUNCH OF MORONS IN DC WORKS FOR US. We are their employers. They pull stuff we don't approve of, they need to be GONE--either removed from office or voted out. The former would be easier since the low-info voters can't read below "D" on the ballot.
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 39 minutes ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago