Having given Susan Collins a cold back-of-the-hand over the weekend, Harry Reid has reportedly co-opted some of her proposed compromise and has presented it to Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans. A planned 3 pm ET photo-op "meeting" at the White House was abruptly postponed, sending the chattering class into a tizzy. If that inevitably useless meeting has been shelved, might that suggest that actual meaningful progress is taking place? Maybe. What might the general outline of the plan look like? There are a number of conflicting reports flying around, so let's try to get a handle...
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I am no longer a Republican.
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sony to make “The Interview” available online beginning at 1 p.m. ET Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Pelosi to Boehner: Force Grimm to resign over tax-evasion conviction Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- ISIS shoots down coalition warplane, captures pilot Noah Rothman 15 hours ago