Yes, the dreaded “sequester” cuts begin taking effect today, but syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer is reminding Republicans that -- at least for the moment -- they actually have the upper hand politically. During an appearance on “Special Report” last night, he urged Republicans to do two things to expose the Left’s cynical, doomsday scare tactics and curry favor with the public: 1) emphasize that the GOP has indeed offered Senate Democrats and the president “utter discretion” to pick and choose which government programs to cut in lieu of “sequestration” -- which the former rejected and the latter threatened to...
We the people need to put the responsibility for the economic mess and the real trouble we're in square on the doorstep of Barack Hussein Obama and his toady party. We need to do so in words of ONE SYLLABLE so the low information voter demographic will understand how this mess will affect them in ways HE isn't talking about. It's THEIR fault we have the Poser in Chief for another four years--they voted early and often and the GOP is sitting back apparently happy with the turn of events, so we cannot wait for THEM to speak for us.
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 38 mins ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 4 hours ago