So now Obama is warning of drastic cuts in food safety, air traffic control, police and fire protection -- in all sorts of services that will...
Bob Beckel on The Five (Fox News) said his mother calls him all the time, scared that the GOP is going to take away her social security. He says he tells her to just vote Democrat and she won't have to worry. "And that's all there is to it," he brags. He is a disgusting man--I have never heard whether he got his ID back from the hooker who robbed him in Las Vegas during the 2004 Democratic National Convention--but to mislead his mother like that is beyond revolting.
There's no doubt President Obama is using the so-called Washington Monument maneuver in the fight with Republicans over sequestration budget cuts. It's a time-honored tactic of bureaucratic warfare: When faced with cuts, pick the best-known and most revered symbol of government and threaten to shut it down. Close the Washington Monument and say, "See? This is what happens when you cut the budget." Meanwhile, all sorts of other eminently cuttable government expenditures go untouched.
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago