The "put y'all back in chains" was on his teleprompter--I believe it was Rudi Giuliani who said this. The same "genius" writing speeches for The One is sticking the OTHER foot in it to write for the vice president. If the goal is to make the veep look stupider than The One, it's almost working.
Joseph Biden’s career is chock-full of career-threatening gaffes--had they been committed by a conservative. But last week was exceptional, even for Joe.
Telling a largely black audience that Republicans want to “put y’all back in chains” was a burst of verbal flatulence the media just couldn’t deodorize. Hence, the week’s other stinkers also got noticed: He forgot what state he was talking to, what century we’re in, and that Paul Ryan isn’t a governor, but a member of Congress. Small things, maybe, but not as small as the “e” that’s not at the end of potato.
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago