Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) announced Thursday that he will not run for reelection next year, giving Republicans at least a shot of picking up another seat. The 78-year-old Armed Services Committee chairman, one of the most influential members of the Senate in either party, said he will work aggressively during his final two years in Congress...The longest-serving senator in Michigan history spent months getting pressure to announce his intention,...
In response to:
My vote would be for Mike Rogers, though he's not my congressman. He's articulate and smart and just an all-around good guy. That said, I'd like to see more old guard RINO GOPers resigning too. We need more enthusiasm in the party (as that started with the Tea Party movement) and the McCain mindset is NOT doing us any good.
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago