We need to abandon the idea that congress has unlimited power to tax. Have the public set limits on taxation not congress. Then do a conservative revenue projection and have them build a budget that stays within those limits. To hasten the budgeting process, give them five days to come up with one that stays within revenue limits. On the morning of the fifth day start to suck the air out of the room they are locked in until they come up with a budget that stays within those limits.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 40 minutes ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 4 hours ago