If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 53 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago