If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 15 hours ago