Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
This for all of those who think by legalizing marijuana that it is some how going get rid of all of the problems involved with marijuana use are either bong smokers or not interested in what Ms. Alexander has to say. She puts forward solid facts and all you marijuana legalizers can do is personally attack her.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 10 hours ago