Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher argued that "socialism itself -- in all its incarnations, wherever and however it was applied -- was morally corrupting," Claire Berlinski wrote in "There Is No Alternative: Why Margaret Thatcher Matters" (Basic Books, 2008). "Socialism turned good citizens into bad ones;...
I agree! While we're at it, why do we pay all these greedy bureaucratic middlemen to pave our roads, run our DMVs and to serve in the armed forces? Real Americans would not only support their family, hold down a job, but would also gladly volunteer all their free time to pave their own roads, etc. Remember, ANY tax equals the creeping presence of LGBT Russo-Kenyan Nazi Socialism, and they are using public schools and fluoridated water to turn all your children gay, so in the future we will all live in a totalitarian distopia run by gay-married socialist transsexual liberals. The only way we can stop it is by freeing banks from oppressive regulatory chains, and give them their Civil Whites! ;-P snark snark
The Obama administration's policies are bad. Bad in the sense that the policies are morally corrupting. They take money and control away from people and give them to government bureaucrats, who then decide what should be done. The policies encourage people to be less responsible personally and to rely more on the government.
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago