A well-liked, Christian man in England had his salary reduced by 40% after posting a comment on his Facebook page in which he stated that the government should not force churches to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. And a Christian couple running a bed and breakfast in their family home in England was fined almost $6,000 for hurting the feelings of a gay couple by refusing to rent a room to them. The headline to Amanda Platell’s report on the first of these two cases said it all: “The real hate crime is persecuting a decent man for his beliefs.”...
Becuase in that ear marriage was about procreation, paternity, property, and status not about love and intimacy between two people (in fact the Romans and Greeks belived that true intimacy could never be achieved between a man and a woman becuase they were too different). Today, marriage is nothing more than a legal contract between two consenting adults that is easy to enter and relatively easy to exit that is focused around the feelings of the individuals involved and nothing more.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 8 hours ago