A well-liked, Christian man in England had his salary reduced by 40% after posting a comment on his Facebook page in which he stated that the government should not force churches to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. And a Christian couple running a bed and breakfast in their family home in England was fined almost $6,000 for hurting the feelings of a gay couple by refusing to rent a room to them. The headline to Amanda Platell’s report on the first of these two cases said it all: “The real hate crime is persecuting a decent man for his beliefs.”...
Becuase in that ear marriage was about procreation, paternity, property, and status not about love and intimacy between two people (in fact the Romans and Greeks belived that true intimacy could never be achieved between a man and a woman becuase they were too different). Today, marriage is nothing more than a legal contract between two consenting adults that is easy to enter and relatively easy to exit that is focused around the feelings of the individuals involved and nothing more.
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago