A well-liked, Christian man in England had his salary reduced by 40% after posting a comment on his Facebook page in which he stated that the government should not force churches to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. And a Christian couple running a bed and breakfast in their family home in England was fined almost $6,000 for hurting the feelings of a gay couple by refusing to rent a room to them. The headline to Amanda Platell’s report on the first of these two cases said it all: “The real hate crime is persecuting a decent man for his beliefs.”...
Becuase in that ear marriage was about procreation, paternity, property, and status not about love and intimacy between two people (in fact the Romans and Greeks belived that true intimacy could never be achieved between a man and a woman becuase they were too different). Today, marriage is nothing more than a legal contract between two consenting adults that is easy to enter and relatively easy to exit that is focused around the feelings of the individuals involved and nothing more.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 8 hours ago