A well-liked, Christian man in England had his salary reduced by 40% after posting a comment on his Facebook page in which he stated that the government should not force churches to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. And a Christian couple running a bed and breakfast in their family home in England was fined almost $6,000 for hurting the feelings of a gay couple by refusing to rent a room to them. The headline to Amanda Platell’s report on the first of these two cases said it all: “The real hate crime is persecuting a decent man for his beliefs.”...
Because killing and stealing have a direct and measurable negative effect on another person. Those actions aren't punished by society because some "prophet" said they were "bad" they are punished because of their effects on others and the facbric of society as a whole -- it's called the social contract.
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago