A well-liked, Christian man in England had his salary reduced by 40% after posting a comment on his Facebook page in which he stated that the government should not force churches to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. And a Christian couple running a bed and breakfast in their family home in England was fined almost $6,000 for hurting the feelings of a gay couple by refusing to rent a room to them. The headline to Amanda Platell’s report on the first of these two cases said it all: “The real hate crime is persecuting a decent man for his beliefs.”...
Because killing and stealing have a direct and measurable negative effect on another person. Those actions aren't punished by society because some "prophet" said they were "bad" they are punished because of their effects on others and the facbric of society as a whole -- it's called the social contract.
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago