The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
I know that most Townhall readers will refuse to believe it, but I think that GWB has ruined the Bush name for at least another generation. Most Townhall readers probably dismiss Oliver Stone, but I think his movie 'W.' was right on the mark. In the movie, 'Poppy' Bush urges W. not to run for president because he will ruin it for Jeb. Whether Poppy said it not, I think that it makes sense. GWB was uniquely unqualified to be President (not smart enough nor the right temperment) while Jeb had the makings of an outstanding president. Too bad W. did not listen to his Dad.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 8 hours ago