Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Is Driving High on Marijuana Safer Than Driving Drunk? [ or driving sober?!! ] For decades, marijuana advocates have argued that pot has a significantly different effect on driving ability than alcohol. But if you take the word of one auto insurance company, stoned is actually the safest way to drive. 4AutoinsuranceQuote.org is making that case based on years’ worth of scientific studies, including some from the US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration that found motorists under the influence of marijuana tended to drive slower and have accident responsibility rates lower than those of drug-free drivers. http://blogs.lawyers.com/2012/04/cruising-the-high-way-safer-than-drunk-driving/
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 8 hours ago