Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Is Driving High on Marijuana Safer Than Driving Drunk? [ or driving sober?!! ] For decades, marijuana advocates have argued that pot has a significantly different effect on driving ability than alcohol. But if you take the word of one auto insurance company, stoned is actually the safest way to drive. 4AutoinsuranceQuote.org is making that case based on years’ worth of scientific studies, including some from the US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration that found motorists under the influence of marijuana tended to drive slower and have accident responsibility rates lower than those of drug-free drivers. http://blogs.lawyers.com/2012/04/cruising-the-high-way-safer-than-drunk-driving/
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago