I would venture to say that most women are working so that they can afford to own a home (instead of renting), have 2 cars (instead of 1), a TV in every room (instead of one), eat out (instead of cooking in), etc., etc., etc. The economic picture wasn't any better in the 60's for families -- it's just that parents prioritized, worked hard, and saved to get what they wanted. The difference today is people don't want to wait--they want all the good stuff now.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago