I would venture to say that most women are working so that they can afford to own a home (instead of renting), have 2 cars (instead of 1), a TV in every room (instead of one), eat out (instead of cooking in), etc., etc., etc. The economic picture wasn't any better in the 60's for families -- it's just that parents prioritized, worked hard, and saved to get what they wanted. The difference today is people don't want to wait--they want all the good stuff now.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 9 hours ago