The Loophole is Obama

KrankyMike Wrote: 8 hours ago (9:20 AM)
Not with our current military. Obama has promoted his own quislings into the command staff. They are more likely to stage a coup to make Obama dictator for life.

The Loophole is Obama

KrankyMike Wrote: 9 hours ago (8:41 AM)
I have to agree with anonymous. The founding fathers, at least according to Benjamin Franklin and James Madison, intended impeachment as a tool to be used in order to maintain the balance of power, not as a weapon too drastic ever to be used. "High crimes and misdemeanors", does not refer to "high" (very serious) crimes but to crimes and misconduct by "high" persons, defined as anyone who is in an office of authority by virtue of an oath or affirmation. It was a term of art in English common law to cover nearly any action a public official might take that would displease the legislature. Early in our republic, officials were apparently not well versed in their Blackstone and conflated the term to mean actual crimes, declining to impeach anyone except in the most extreme circumstances. The modern media and Democrat party has doubled down on this concept such that anything short of serial murder (except by a Republican, of course) fails to rise to the level of impeachment. The result is that there is now almost no way to reign in the abuses of a left-wing president or justice. Legal scholars have pointed out that even lying to the public in connection with official duties technically constitutes an impeachable offence by the president. We should have impeached this guy within weeks of taking office.

The Loophole is Obama

KrankyMike Wrote: 10 hours ago (7:41 AM)
Obama wants to be impeached. He believes that the resulting backlash is the only thing that will save him and his party. He will keep pushing the envelope of legality until the Republicans have no choice. It's frightening to think of how far he might go, and worse, that he will get away with it.

End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

KrankyMike Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 8:45 AM
Thank goodness no one really took this nut seriously when he was running for the republican nomination. And while I initially liked his son, I am beginning to feel that the nut does not fall far from the tree.
There is no wiggle room for apostasy in the "Religion of Peace". In several places the Quran prescribes death for it. Moreover, it is not just a prescription for Islamic jurists, but a command to all muslims "to kill them wherever you find them." (Sura 4)

Moral Clarity at the Border

KrankyMike Wrote: Jul 25, 2014 5:37 AM
True moral clarity would recognize that by helping these people in the short run we would be unleashing a catastrophe of -- dare I say -- Biblical proportions in the long run by encouraging even more people to come. The current situation is precisely the result of recent unthinking compassion from the administration. The truly compassionate thing to do is not to permanently welcome them into into the American underclass of unskilled, uneducated, hostile dependency, but to treat them for any urgent health problems and send them back to their own countries promptly. The ultimate solution is to fix their country of origin, not to turn our country into the place they came from. When dealing with raccoon and bear, we know enough not to tempt them with easy access to food lest they overwhelm our homes. How much more can desperate and intelligent human beings discern a sucker when they see one? The compassion that Erick writes about helps no one in the long run.

Defining Life

KrankyMike Wrote: Jul 24, 2014 1:48 PM
I withdraw my apology.

Defining Life

KrankyMike Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 2:01 PM
I apologize for that last bit. Emotion and the inability to let a good zinger pass got the better of me. No hard feelings.

Defining Life

KrankyMike Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 1:47 PM
OK – where does it say that law is even "supposed" to be based on observable facts. I cite Exodus 20 as something not based on observable facts. Let me also cite Sharia, unambiguously law as well. Finally, let me cite Charles Dickens: "The law is an a$$." As are you.

Defining Life

KrankyMike Wrote: Jul 23, 2014 1:34 PM
As a biologist, you can assert the scientific fact that "life" begins at conception -- or maybe before. I don't quarrel with that, and I don't really care. Unlike Mike Adams, who seems to be content with "life" alone as his argument, I say so what? You have only answered the "what" question, which is all that science can ever do. (OK, maybe science can do "how" as well.) I am interested in "why?" Why is that particular instance of "life" important? More than the others you mention. That question is beyond the competence of science. Why it is important is because we believe that it contains a spark of God, in whose image humans are made. We are not to knowingly extinguish such sparks. As to whether a human embryo produced by parthenogenesis has a soul— I don't rightly know, but isn't that the important question? Not knowing, I will assume that it does, for the sake of MY soul.