America — Imagine the World Without Her

KPar Wrote: Jul 08, 2014 5:07 PM
ros, you can tell when they're panicked. This movie is TERRIFIC!

America — Imagine the World Without Her

KPar Wrote: Jul 08, 2014 5:06 PM
Traitorbill, I believethat Dinesh has already pled guilty to the bogus charges against him, in order to avoid the soul crushing, bank account draining that a long drawn out legal fight would have entailed- after all the gummint has unlimited resources (umm, that is, our pockets) with which to destroy D'Souza. He took the smart way out. The best way to support him is to buy the book and give it to your favorite liberal when you're done. If they're smart, they will "get it", if not, their heads will explode. Either way, it's "win-win".
I walked into a "Tilted Kilt" restaurant in Chicago this afternoon- never been to one before. A "No Guns" sign was on the door. I asked, "Why make it easier to rob the place?" Funny, I did not get an answer...
You mean from the taxpayers of the Commonwealth. Too bad the family couldn't get paid out of the pockets of those who created this travesty.
Commissioner Gordon

Obama Likes Secrets, Including Yours

KPar Wrote: Jun 29, 2014 6:46 PM
Ummm, that was quite- not qutioe. My speeling is darn near perfect, but my typing suks...sorry.

Obama Likes Secrets, Including Yours

KPar Wrote: Jun 29, 2014 6:28 PM
Not having been in the room, I don't know quite how to respond, Scott. I still stand by my interpretation, but, considering Robert's actions on Obamacare, I can see why you'd feel that way.

Obama Likes Secrets, Including Yours

KPar Wrote: Jun 29, 2014 6:26 PM
r27, you make a valid point about Steve's snarkiness. The "Mission Accomplished" banner was posted by the commanders of the Fleet, announcing to the world that the CARRIER BATTLE GROUP had completed its mission, and qutioe successfully. Unfortunate that the members of the fourth estate couldn't (wouldn't) get that message out, but what the heck, they had a Republican to bash...

Obama Likes Secrets, Including Yours

KPar Wrote: Jun 29, 2014 6:21 PM
The state of Oregon many years ago (over ten, I believe) became concerned that "alternative fuels" were becoming viable, and the state was going to lose it's cut of the revenue. Perfectly legitimate- the state needs that money to build and maintain the roads. But how do you tax the people who use electricity, swamp gas, or used french fry oil to run their cars? Some public servant came up with the idea that they install GPS locators on all vehicles in the state and bill them for the amount they actually use. What's wrong with that? Well, in order to solve billing disputes, the state would need to maintain the database of where everybody went. That then makes the database subject to subpoena. And, of course, no public servant would ever disclose that private data to someone who wasn't entitled to it...Right, Lois?

Obama Likes Secrets, Including Yours

KPar Wrote: Jun 29, 2014 6:13 PM
Scott, I think you miss the point. He was trying to personalize it so that even the Liberal Justices couldn't avoid it. Kind of like "showing absurdity by being absurd".

Let's Repeal Freedom of Speech?

KPar Wrote: Jun 29, 2014 3:58 PM
44 Senators? All Democrat? Where's McCain?