Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:52 PM
Agreed! LOL...Pat Robertson is hardly a doting old man. My goodness. He is a brilliant thinker, a historian par excellence, a philosopher, and a true American. He is so much more as well. I've read alot of commentary, and I read every word of Pat Robertson's I can find. He is pointedly accurate and his prognostications have been proven right over and over again. He is, the man, and there is hardly anybody else who can identify a problem and the source of that problem as he can.

Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:48 PM
Well really, I never heard that. Goldilocks, it's a good comment. Disregard others who are being mean for no reason whatsoever. Good grief.

Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:47 PM
Good for you Darby. I agree. Being "nice" has become too valuable today. We are encouraged to be so limp as to be salt that has "lost it's flavor".

Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:44 PM
Darby, what could be done? Even if all agreed this were the case, there is nothing to be done. The process does not include Catholics in the pew as having any influence or say. It is not of course a political appointment. We can speak of our concerns, but there are influential voices telling us to calm down and quiet down. It must be said that while he has cast aside protocol and traditions in some sense, and his words and attitudes are incredibly confusing and even disturbing, he has not yet changed one iota of Catholic doctrine or dogma. So, we are apparently in a "nether world" of neither here, nor there. As a Roman Catholic, who loves her faith and church, I consider now that, to my heartbreak, Southern Baptists and traditional Catholics (including Orthodox) seem to be the last remnant.

Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:38 PM
bjohnson, I agree with your comment. If the church ends, it won't be because it peters out slowly. It will be because Jesus returns and his coming would of course end all churches. Seeing what is going on in our world and this papacy, I am inclined to think it could be that soon. Catholics don't think in terms of End Times, but Revelations promises just that. We are to watch and prepare, because Jesus will return.

Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:34 PM
Darby. I concur.

Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:32 PM
Pardon me. I intended "Catholics who are faithful", not "mostly faithful".

Papal Neutrality in the Culture War?

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 5:31 PM
Mr. Robertson, once again you've spoken for millions of people who are concerned about the same issues you have brought up, regarding this papacy. What has been said and done is already stunning, has pulled the rug out from under many who work in the trenches, and has caused great confusion. When I consider what has been said and done, I think it lends credence to the prophesies of St. Malachi. Thank you for touching on something that is impacting mostly faithful Catholics everywhere.

Take Advantage of Obama's Great Gift

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 14, 2013 4:26 PM
Hello Mr. Reagan. I voted "ridiculous" on the "vote" line, because here is the thing. I keep hearing we must vote in Republicans. But what is the point of voting in people who do not share my views? If the Republicans we get thrust at us are practically Democrats? Is that what America is asked to do, vote in a "Democrat-lite" because we no longer have true conservatives available to vote for, so we have to make-do and vote in a RINO? If that is the choice, it's a bad one. I am a conservative. While I live in the liberal northeast, I sense there are still alot of "closet conservatives" around, but we are finding the Republican party is leaving us! I don't like Chris Christie. I have the same dislike of Chris Christie as I did after listening to Obama speak for a few minutes once, before he was elected. It's visceral. He may be a great guy, but he sounds like a blowhard, who enjoys the sound of his own voice. I believe (there is ample evidence) his ego is huge, and we are suffering right now under a president with the same condition, and I don't believe our country profits from that one iota. It's a problem! For example, the recent shut-down debacle. To have a president that is so egomaniacal he cannot even talk with Republicans as the government is shut down. "Go win an election" he says. That is just a sorry, pitiful, typical example of hubris and arrogance. It is an embarrassment to have a president so pouty and delicate that he can't use diplomacy and statesmanship to arrive at an answer on a problem that big, for the good of our country, but he has not the skill set to do it. We suffer. I do not want to see our country turn over ownership to millions of illegal immigrants. I do not want our country to continue this neverending spending spree, and spending money to provide free abortions and birth control not only here, but in tiny villages in Uganda. I believe state's rights need to be strengthened, so when some activist judge forces a state to undergo radical transformation via fiat, it can be undone by the people of that state if they wish. (such as the radical re-definition of marriage, which has been largely forced on states by these unelected judges) I believe religious freedom needs to be protected as under the current administration it is under attack every day. Strong military not revamped by PC dogma. Second Amendment rights INTACT. If the next GOP candidate doesn't support these, I won't vote for that RINO.

Kennedy, Huxley and Lewis

ko'regan Wrote: Nov 14, 2013 4:06 PM
Mr. Thomas, I enjoyed this article. Wouldn't Mr. Lewis be tickled to know he was buried among the writers HE most enjoyed? What a man. What an incredible man. One of a kind, unique, charismatic in his own gentle way. A man I'd love to have met, along with millions of others who have read his books and come to the same conclusion. Here is a man we would like to be friends with, and from whom we can definitely learn something. He had a gift, a noble grace really, and now he enjoys the company of the God he came to know and love, and brought so many others to using impeccable logic and reason. God rest his beautiful soul.