There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
The part I "don't get" is the part where 48% to 50% is considered a "landslide." You're telling me that if Obama had LOST due to a few critical swing states and there were places that reported over 100% voter turnout and other places that reported 99% of voters voted for Romney, you wouldn't be concerned? You're saying that if you situation were reversed you'd have the same head of steam (how many times have you posted on this thread alone) for us all to just "move on"?
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago