The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 hours ago