The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago