The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 14 hours ago