Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
First we do realize this was a movie not real life. You people on the right can't have it both ways. You blast Hollywood very chance you get, except for the times you think they make your point. Yes most movies are based of some fact, but in the end they are what they are..fantasy and entertainment.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 33 minutes ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 13 hours ago