Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
First we do realize this was a movie not real life. You people on the right can't have it both ways. You blast Hollywood very chance you get, except for the times you think they make your point. Yes most movies are based of some fact, but in the end they are what they are..fantasy and entertainment.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 52 mins ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 3 hours ago