Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
First we do realize this was a movie not real life. You people on the right can't have it both ways. You blast Hollywood very chance you get, except for the times you think they make your point. Yes most movies are based of some fact, but in the end they are what they are..fantasy and entertainment.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago