Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
First we do realize this was a movie not real life. You people on the right can't have it both ways. You blast Hollywood very chance you get, except for the times you think they make your point. Yes most movies are based of some fact, but in the end they are what they are..fantasy and entertainment.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 4 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago