Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
First we do realize this was a movie not real life. You people on the right can't have it both ways. You blast Hollywood very chance you get, except for the times you think they make your point. Yes most movies are based of some fact, but in the end they are what they are..fantasy and entertainment.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago