What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
The problem with Mr. Sowell's reasoning is exactly why the business model or a businessman will not work for government. However, there needs to be limits on those who serve. The perks Congressmen and other high officials get are wrong. Like the one member who ran against government healthcare, but the first day in office he asked about his healthcare and got upset when he was told it did not start for 30 days. Why do we treat these people like they just came down from the mountain.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 11 hours ago