Being politically correct has been the most important requirement for career advancement in the US Military since the end of WWII. Why do think our military has not been allowed to win an armed conflict(war) since WWII. Gen Macauthor had the N Koreans and Chinese on the run and Pres. Truman stopped him at the river, fired him and brought him home. We had N VietNam on their knees with rolling thunder and the politicians halted the bombing and we slogged on for a few more years and then they brought the military home. The politicians have not allowed the military to be soldiers(generic term to be understood as all military personnel) since WWII. I am one of the forgotten VietNam Vets 3 tours.

Buffett Boosts Own Morale with Hypocrisy

klundy Wrote: Nov 30, 2012 8:00 AM
You missed the point of the relationship of Warren Buffet and GEICO. In the early days of GEICO, you could only purchase their insurance if you were a Government employee or a military member with a rank of E-5 or higher. Thousands of military members had their coverage because it was easy to get it. They would cancel on you in a heartbeat and send letters to you unit Commander if you were late with your payment. I know because I had them when I was stationed at Homestead AFB,Fl in 1971-1972. So you see Buffet was a parasite on low income people early on. Another insurance company started the same way is USAA you had to be a military member ,Senior NCO E-7 thruE-9 or an officer to get coverage thru them. Just like Govt. Employees Ins.Co.

Why Mitt Lost and it Wasn’t Very Close

klundy Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 7:33 AM
Take from this old VietNam Vet, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. A loss is a loss whether it is one vote or 10,000 votes. Everyone is spouting their talking points and what if's . This my final post on this website. I am reading all the same talking points that I read all throughout the campaign and they became old and boring then and even more old and boring now. Instead of talking about failures and pointing fingers of blame you should be developing ideas to gain control of the Congress in 2014. You should become proactive at your local/state level to elect people who represent your values.

Why Mitt Lost and it Wasn’t Very Close

klundy Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 7:20 AM
like if our modern day Congress made up of primarily Lawyers and Political Scientists wrote it. It would require a stand alone building to house it and a huge legal staff to read and explain what it says. That is the beauty of the document any person with reasonable reading comprehension can read and understand it and this is what drive professional politicians crazy.

Why Mitt Lost and it Wasn’t Very Close

klundy Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 7:15 AM
I whole heartedly support a third party. I do plan to investigate the Constitution Party. I have never been a card carrying member of a political party because I haven't found one whose platform I can support. A thirds party must make inroads at the local,state, and Congressional levels to establish credibility. You can't bring a candidate out every 4 years going for the brass ring and expect people to support you. A block of a few as 6 3rd party candidates in the house of Representatives would establish a tor hold. One or two in the Senate would establish a power hold but you must walk the talk that you put out in campaigning, something the Democrats and Republicans seem incapable of doing. Imagine what our Constitution would look and read

The American Solution: Reach for the Guns

klundy Wrote: Jul 28, 2012 2:22 PM
I felt safer in Nam on all 3 of my tours than I did or currently do in US City. It is not just major cities its most cities of any size.

The American Solution: Reach for the Guns

klundy Wrote: Jul 28, 2012 2:18 PM
AK 47 is also full auto or semi same as with M16. The SKS version is a semi-auto

Voter ID: Yes, It's Necessary

klundy Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 9:54 AM
Yes they do. My mother was 93 and had one. Was never a driver and had no driver's license . My cousin took her to DMV and short time later walked out with her Ga. State ID card. Quick and painless.
It is a shame it does not work the way you think it does. All through out my 21 year career of low pay, numerous moves,3 tours in VietNam,on call 24/7 365, no notice deployments, on call even when on leave(vacation) I was promised free lifetime health care for me and my wife. You don't really have a military career for the money or benefits it's a way of life you either love it or you hate it. I loved it and would have stayed longer but in the late 70s and 80s it became more what is politically correct than being a professional military person. I feel that I and every military retiree that served in my era was misled and lied to by the US Congress because they are the ones who caved and stripped the benefits.
This is one military retiree who did not vote for him the first go around and not even consider voting for under any circumstances. As a matter of fact I am still P.O.'d at the Clinton administration for a significant reduction in benefits of shopping on post because it was not fair to WalMart.

UAW Race Baits in Mississippi Union Drive

klundy Wrote: Jun 27, 2012 9:13 AM
Cont'd Union presidents and their underlings don't pay your wages and benefits ,business owners do be they an individual or numerous stockholders. Union members take a serious look at you paycheck stub and see how much you are paying people like Bob King for the privilege of working and then ask yourself why should I have to pay someone in order to work.