Later this morning, House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan will formally reveal his party's fiscal blueprint for FY 2014. The new "Path to Prosperity" will achieve balance by 2023, with annual deficits dipping below $100 billion seven times over the next decade. It does not raise taxes. It offers specific reforms to reduce and control unsustainable healthcare spending while saving important safety net programs from insolvency. And it reduces deficits by $4.6 trillion over the next ten years (compared to the current trajectory) without relying on misleading gimmicks. Based on Ryan's appearance on Fox News Sunday...
In response to:
Boo-hoo! Poor BuckO doesn't like people who have knowledge and perspective, instead of ignorance and myopic world views.
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 53 mins ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago