Later this morning, House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan will formally reveal his party's fiscal blueprint for FY 2014. The new "Path to Prosperity" will achieve balance by 2023, with annual deficits dipping below $100 billion seven times over the next decade. It does not raise taxes. It offers specific reforms to reduce and control unsustainable healthcare spending while saving important safety net programs from insolvency. And it reduces deficits by $4.6 trillion over the next ten years (compared to the current trajectory) without relying on misleading gimmicks. Based on Ryan's appearance on Fox News Sunday...
In response to:
I guess your moron politicians need to cut spending on the executive branch.
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago