Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
I say do nothing. Let the tax cuts expire. Let the atomatic cuts happen. If you want to argue that the cuts will kill the country, look at what the total cuts are. We have a 3.8 trillion budgit, the cuts are 1.6 billion this comming year. Tell me how that works. As for the taxes going up, dems say that it wont cripple the country, they were the taxes Clinton had in place, ok lets see what happens. Also, would'nt this raise more money? Dems tell us we have a revenue issue, not a spending issue. Give it to them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago