Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
I say do nothing. Let the tax cuts expire. Let the atomatic cuts happen. If you want to argue that the cuts will kill the country, look at what the total cuts are. We have a 3.8 trillion budgit, the cuts are 1.6 billion this comming year. Tell me how that works. As for the taxes going up, dems say that it wont cripple the country, they were the taxes Clinton had in place, ok lets see what happens. Also, would'nt this raise more money? Dems tell us we have a revenue issue, not a spending issue. Give it to them.
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 3 hours ago