Apparently, the Senate thinks the medical device tax in ObamaCare is a pretty bad idea and voted to repeal it last night.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a largely symbolic resolution calling for repeal of a 2.3 percent tax on medical device companies on Thursday, as more than 30 Democrats joined Republicans in approving it.
The tax helps to fund President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law. It applies to a range of medical products - from bedpans to expensive heart devices - many manufactured in the home states of the senators backing the repeal.
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 4 hours ago