Semi-official function my a**. I spent 6 years in the Navy. The only official function is when the Commanding Officer in front of the company gives you your certificate of promotion. There is no such thing as a "semi-official" promotion party. Nobody is required to host a party. And in 6 years I had NEVER attended a promotion party in uniform. You were on your own time, and were entitled to have any type of party you wished, so long as did not reflect badly on the military. Support of DOMA does NOT reflect badly on the military. The top brass' pettiness and discrimination is what reflects badly.
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago