While to some, McCullough might have come across a misanthropic jerk, he barely scratched the...
In response to:
GREAT article, Ms. Darsden. You are right-on!
The English-teacher son of a Pulitzer Prize winner gave a much-ballyhooed commencement speech recently to students graduating from an American high school that one might categorize as privileged. David McCullough Jr., a teacher at Wellesley High School in Massachusetts and the son of the Pulitzer-winning historian David McCullough, began by comparing the "great forward-looking ceremony" to another kind of ceremony, weddings, before promptly dismissing both as overhyped. It was the first sign that the speech would turn out to be one big reality check.
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago