What happened was that I felt a longing, even an emptiness, I had never before experienced. Something was missing from my life, but I could not at first identify it. I knew it was not about being without friends or family -- after all, I hadn't been with family or friends for the previous three months. And it wasn't about being alone -- I had gotten used to...
When I was 20, I spent my junior year in college in England. When classes let out for the last two weeks of December, I traveled to Morocco, where something life-changing occurred.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago