How anyone that has ever ran anything bigger than a lemonade stand thinks that you can add all this free coverage and still have the cost go down just doesn't get it. Insurance rates were based on the actuarial tables, those that are higher risk or use the system more pay higher rates...duh. Now it's adjusted around in order to charge young people a higher rate to pay for the rest of us. They are charging the youngest and least financially secure higher rates to cover the older more (in most cases) affluent. They are already paying our social security because the government spent all the money in the fund and will have to pay off the 17 Trillion in debt and the 80 trillion in unfunded liabilities racked up around the country. No wonder they don't want to leave home.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago