There was a touchy relationship between President Reagan and his Vice President George H.W. Bush. They were rivals during the primaries. Bush attacked the Reagan economic agenda as “voodoo economics.” Bush served faithfully as VP for eight years but Reagan and Bush never warmed to one another. There...
Ummm. No, it doesn't. But thanks for reminding me of something else the consrvatives must do: we must make sure to counter the lies and distortions of the progressives and the liberals no matter where the lies spring up. No more letting ourselves... oh, my goodness. Did I just say that? Guess I did! So long Independent Voter status! Guess I've really cast the die, crossed the Rubicon, climbed the Alps. Oh, well. Back to my post... No more letting ourselves be defined by those who seem to not only oppose our philosophy, but actually hate us for believing.
Liberals do not grasp the distinction between Ronald Reagan and (either) George Bush. This blind spot creates a massive confusion and hazard to their ambitions. Obama defeated neither the Reagan Narrative nor Team Reagan. Team Bush appropriated, and then marginalized, both. Obama beat Team Bush, not Team Reagan. The implications are huge.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago