There was a touchy relationship between President Reagan and his Vice President George H.W. Bush. They were rivals during the primaries. Bush attacked the Reagan economic agenda as “voodoo economics.” Bush served faithfully as VP for eight years but Reagan and Bush never warmed to one another. There...
Agreed. Governor Scott's actions, and his continuing success and strength in Wisconsin - WISCONSIN, of all places, the very birthplace of progressivism!!! - augur well for his being a leading proponent of solid conservative values in the future. And remember: in addition to Governor Scott and the Reagan "heirs" mentioned in this article, there are other young conservatives scattered about the states who are fighting the good fight every day (why no mention of Congressman Allen West or Governor Bobby Jindall, for example??). Can the liberals come up with any team able to match the one that conservatives will be able to field in 2014, 2016, and beyond? Note, too, such a team will NOT be afraid to bring the fight to the opposition
Liberals do not grasp the distinction between Ronald Reagan and (either) George Bush. This blind spot creates a massive confusion and hazard to their ambitions. Obama defeated neither the Reagan Narrative nor Team Reagan. Team Bush appropriated, and then marginalized, both. Obama beat Team Bush, not Team Reagan. The implications are huge.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 7 hours ago