Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
...with an underlying credo I could believe in. That meant that I seldom voted a straight party ticket. However, the past four years have shown me that, at least for the next few election cycles, it is important to help in any way possible to establish a strong anti-progressive base in this country. I did NOT abandon the intellectual freedom of being an "independent" voter to give my allegiance to a GOP that is nothing more than "Dem-lite". Kurt Schlichter and other columnists on today's TownHall are right. It's time to build a conservative stronghold in the USA.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 51 minutes ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 4 hours ago