Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
...with an underlying credo I could believe in. That meant that I seldom voted a straight party ticket. However, the past four years have shown me that, at least for the next few election cycles, it is important to help in any way possible to establish a strong anti-progressive base in this country. I did NOT abandon the intellectual freedom of being an "independent" voter to give my allegiance to a GOP that is nothing more than "Dem-lite". Kurt Schlichter and other columnists on today's TownHall are right. It's time to build a conservative stronghold in the USA.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 17 hours ago