Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
Truth in advertising, as it is, leads me to say that my own preference was for Speaker Gingrich and Herman Cain, in any order they eventually settled on. Either and both could speak truthfully and movingly of the American Dream, and neither could be accused of having no plans for the future of this country. Congresswoman Michelle Bachman, Senator Rick Santorum, Governor Rick Perry, Congressman Ron Paul... all could reach constituencies that Governor Romney could not. Why did the GOP establishment ignore them so completely? ANY of them would have presented more viable conservative credentials than did our chosen candidate. Since I first voted, I have always been a registered Independent, voting the man - or the woman - and the underlying...
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago