The Conservative Insurgency

Kiffur Wrote: Nov 14, 2012 3:02 PM
Truth in advertising, as it is, leads me to say that my own preference was for Speaker Gingrich and Herman Cain, in any order they eventually settled on. Either and both could speak truthfully and movingly of the American Dream, and neither could be accused of having no plans for the future of this country. Congresswoman Michelle Bachman, Senator Rick Santorum, Governor Rick Perry, Congressman Ron Paul... all could reach constituencies that Governor Romney could not. Why did the GOP establishment ignore them so completely? ANY of them would have presented more viable conservative credentials than did our chosen candidate. Since I first voted, I have always been a registered Independent, voting the man - or the woman - and the underlying...

The Conservative Insurgency

Kiffur Wrote: Nov 14, 2012 2:50 PM
Remember one of the main themes cited in exit polling: although the majority of voters agreed the country was going in the wrong direction, and felt that Governor Romney would better be able to rectify matters, they did not vote for him because they felt he couldn't understand the problems of "people like them". While I don't agree fully (I don't think the Governor would have been as successful as he has been, had he been incapable of understanding those of us who are just ordinary folk), I can see where the image of him as aloof and of "the elite" would have come. The sad thing is, that most of the GOP candidates for presidency this year would have resonated with these doubtful people more than Governor Romney did. ...

Benghazi Baloney

Kiffur Wrote: Nov 07, 2012 8:23 PM
Interesting as this hypothesis might be, just HOW does it relate to the subject in question, the events surrounding the murder of four Americans in Benghazi and the subsequent administration response to the tragedy???

Benghazi Baloney

Kiffur Wrote: Nov 07, 2012 8:17 PM
Had you read the article before you wrote your response, you would have understood that the "Benghazi baloney" referred to by Mr. Connor was the far from coherent response/explanation offered by the current administration - a sad let down indeed from the "transparent" and "non-partisan" leadership (and yes, I know, "leadership", of course, should also be delivered with air-quotes!) promised by then-candidate Obama in the 2008 campaign. What we have heard from POTUS and surrogates to date has amounted to (and thank you, VPOTUS for reinvigorating the word) "baloney", indeed.

Movement and Prosperity

Kiffur Wrote: Nov 03, 2012 6:33 PM
As always, an excellent article, Mr. Payne. I very much enjoy your longer essays, where you take the time to go deeply into the intricacies and interconnections of current world/economic events. One of my few C's in college - in the days before the dumbing-down of the system with its concommittent "Gentleman's A's" - was in Economics; nevertheless, even I can *almost* understand the points you make on a first read, though I admit a second read-over helps me pick up the nuances. Thank you for always providing an interesting and stimulating read.

Liberals Find out Women Aren’t Amused

Kiffur Wrote: Oct 27, 2012 4:15 PM
I agree, inkling. In fact, I always figured this was one of the advantages of being female -- being able to admit making a mistake (unlike a certain prominent politician we know); you know, sorta like being able to stop and ask for directions when we're lost?

Liberals Find out Women Aren’t Amused

Kiffur Wrote: Oct 27, 2012 4:06 PM
Kinda hard to be economically 'competent' when, by your own admission on national TV, you're math skills only go as high as the seventh grade. Guess POTUS missed the class that explained if you add a $6T debt to a $5T debt you wind up with $11T in debt and not a net gain of $1T. *sigh* no wonder he can't tell the difference between a *good* economic plan and a *horrific* one.

This Great America

Kiffur Wrote: Oct 19, 2012 9:01 AM
And if you run into that young liberal reporter again, sir, the one who expressed such surprise that the conservatives were not rolling over and playing dead in 2009, you might want to point out to him that the very magazine that proclaimed "We're All Socialists Now" is, itself, now dead - or as good as. RIP, Newsweek, which is suspending print publication. Hmmm. D'you suppose its demise has anything to do with the unabashed bias of its articles? Nah, couldn't be that, I mean afterall, we're ... why, we're all socialists now, right? So don't we WANT to read such stuff???

The Second Debate - Post-Game

Kiffur Wrote: Oct 19, 2012 5:35 AM
Actually, there still is a male/female pay gap, and one of the prime examples of this "nonsense" exists in the White House itself. Seems POTUS's female staff members are paid MARKEDLY less than their male counterparts. Oh, yeah, and this pay scale difference was apparent even with his senatorial staff. Hmmm. Considering how Governor Romney actively sought/seeks competent female aides, kinda makes you wonder just who's responsible for the "war on women", don'cha think????

Unemployment Set to Explode

Kiffur Wrote: Oct 13, 2012 4:00 PM
Sorry.... didn't realize that my comment from 3:56 pm would not indent directly under MarineCorpsVet's post. My post was a direct response to his (hopeful) comment that there would be no "Dems left in the Senate". Double *sigh*... Would that it might be true in 2013!

Unemployment Set to Explode

Kiffur Wrote: Oct 13, 2012 3:56 PM
Unfortunately, there will be. I live in NYC and - also unfortunately - know very few conservatives, or even independents. And no matter how often I disagree with their political views (politely, of course; my mama didn't raise me to be a poltroon like VP Biden!) I can't make a dint. They accept completely the talking points they get from the NYTimes, MSNBC, and the major networks. What I say HAS to be wrong because it's right-wing extremism. *sigh*