It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
As horrible as the massacre in Connecticut was, it is insignificant by comparison to the carnage on the nation's highways or the slaughter of the unborn in the name of women's reproductive rights that occurs every year. Laws do not prevent crimes, they just define crimes and punishments. Those places that have the most restrictive gun laws have the highest, not the lowest crime rates. Yet whenever an event occurs in which a celebrity is killed, or a mass killing occurs there is a cry for gun control laws.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 10 hours ago