It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
As horrible as the massacre in Connecticut was, it is insignificant by comparison to the carnage on the nation's highways or the slaughter of the unborn in the name of women's reproductive rights that occurs every year. Laws do not prevent crimes, they just define crimes and punishments. Those places that have the most restrictive gun laws have the highest, not the lowest crime rates. Yet whenever an event occurs in which a celebrity is killed, or a mass killing occurs there is a cry for gun control laws.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago